With the logistics planned out for retrieving the project engine from the car it has been sitting in I headed out with a trailer and some tools to bring it back home
I was lucky that the car was located at a shop and they had prepositioned it on their lift if raising became necessary.
As it turned out I didn’t ‘need’ to have it raised, though I did bring it up to loosen the AC compressor. I then returned it to the floor since that’s the angle I’m accustomed to working on these things from.
The front came off relatively quickly since the last time it had been installed it wasn’t a complete lock down.
The 2.8 intake manifold had me stumped a bit trying to determine what needed to be unhooked and what could stay. In the end I decided it would be easier to just lift off the entire intake manifold with most everything attached to it still in place.
It took about an hour, but the engine came out without any problems.
Then it was on to wheeling it out underneath the A4 to the waiting U-Haul trailer.
The A4’s future is unknown, but it looks like it would be a good candidate for a track car, it is in remarkably good condition for its age, probably due in large part to being parked in north Florida for the past decade or so.
Strapped down and reading for the journey to its new home a little further south.
Arriving at my garage with the S4 it will be placed in parked to the right.
Just about there.
On a furniture dolly so I can easily wheel it about the garage for working on it.