After lowering the subframe down it was necessary to raise the rear of the car high enough so that I could pull the subframe back and have the rear uprights clear the rear portion of the wheel well.
With the subframe ready to be moved over to the Silver car I addressed another small issue on the Silver car. The water temperature gauge had not seemed to move at all the one time I had the car running for more than a minute or so. I thought perhaps the coolant temperature sensor was bad so I decided to remove the sensor from the Santorin car’s engine and put the sensor in the Silver car. Getting the sensor out of the Silver prove to be a bit of a challenge. After getting enough parts out of the way to have a clear shot at the sensor it took quite a bit of rocking the sensor back and forth to get it to break the seal with the coolant hard pipe and come out.
So far the following has been done:
- All of the coilovers have been transferred
- The front big brake kit (calipers and rotors and stainless steel brake lines) has been moved
- The front control arms and uprights are swappped
- The front sway bar swapped
- Four of five wheels (includes spare) have been replaced
- External mirror housings swapped
- Rearview mirror installed
- Ignition lock cylinder replaced
- New cabin air filter
- New engine air filter
- New oil filter & oil
- Swapped coolant temperature sensor