Taking the coilover, control arms, tie-rod end,rotor and caliper off the Santorin car was a bit of a chore because it was the first time I had pulled all of these parts off as a unit. Doing the same for the Silver car should have been faster, but it wasn’t. While the Santorin car had spent the duration of its existence in mild climates and garaged, along with having all of those parts replaced at some point in time, the parts on the Silver car had apparently not been touched for ten years.
The biggest headache turned out to be the tie-rod end. The bolt that clamps the steering knuckle to the tie-rod end did not want to move. Because there is a notch in the tie-rod end to help it stay in place simply loosening the bolt was inadequate. On top of that, the TRE cannot be removed from the steering rack until it is removed from the steering knuckle. If these parts didn’t come apart then the whole thing wasn’t coming off. So I pulled out the hacksaw and got to work cutting the TRE.
After a while I cut through and was able to proceed on. The stock components were all unhooked and set to the side. To my surprise, the stock parts were noticeably heavier than the StopTech Big Brake Kit caliper and rotors. Quite a bit so, the jumble of parts was a load to move around.
Next I set about getting the aftermarket parts onto the Silver car. With a little finagling they all went into place and I loosely bolted everything in place.
I now need to tighten things down on the Silver car and get about putting the stock components onto the Santorin car so that it can eventually be rolled out of the garage and on to a salvage yard.