With the engine out of the car I’m taking the opportunity to install some new seals, gaskets, and o-rings with the rear main seal being the biggie today.
First up were the valve cover gaskets and cam chain tensioner gaskets.
Then I moved to the back of the engine to replace the rear main seal.
After a couple of tries I had the seal on with a good fit, only to realize I didn’t know where I had placed the bolts to tighten it down. With stuff strewn throughout the garage it took a few minutes to find the misplaced bolts and get the job finished.
Note: The two bolts in the bottom of the RMS are not installed in the picture, but I did not forget about them.